Add your voice in support of Calgary’s creative future
We have a considerable opportunity to enhance Calgary’s future through sustainable arts funding. At present, Calgary’s municipal support for arts organizations is the lowest among comparable cities in Canada.
Even a modest increase in investment will have a transformational impact in helping the city diversify the economy and create inspiring connections between citizens. This investment will support the work of artists and arts organizations of all sizes and disciplines develop their work and capacity to make connections with more Calgarians and develop Calgary’s reputation as a city of innovation and creativity.
What you can do to help
1. Reach out to your councillor and let them know that ‘art means business’ and contributes to a prosperous city.
- Not sure who your Councillor is? You can find out here: http://www.calgary.ca/citycouncil/Pages/CityCouncil.aspx
- Not sure what to say? Here are some facts and figures that might help: https://www.creativecalgary.org/about
2. Engage with the City of Calgary through their budget consultation survey.
- Let the city know that Arts and Culture are a priority area by filling out the Arts and Culture tab of the survey located under 'A Prosperous City'. You can also let them know your priorities in a range of important services they supply to Calgarians.
- The survey can be found here: https://engage.calgary.ca/yourservices
3. Spread the word about the value of arts and culture to Calgary’s future.
- Follow Creative Calgary on social media: @creative_yyc.
Write a short testimonial or record a 30-45 second video and
- Tell us about a transformational arts experience in your life and/or;
- Tell us how you think a strong arts sector can make Calgary a prosperous city.
4. Pledge your support for Creative Calgary today by completing the form below.
Together we can close the municipal arts funding gap and work to build Calgary’s creative future.