Apply Today: Creative Calgary Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (four-month contract):
Creative Calgary is a group of non-partisan volunteers who are committed to increasing awareness of, and support for, the role the arts play in city building. Creative Calgary consists of a multi-discipline volunteer Advisory Committee, which convenes monthly to review and shape arts advocacy initiatives; as well as a Working Group that initiates all strategic actions. Creative Calgary will continue to represent the interests of artists and arts organizations in Calgary. We are seeking a contract part-time project coordinator to support our work.
In 2017, our collective advocated for increased municipal investment to the local arts sector and launched a campaign to raise awareness about the economic contributions, and intrinsic value, artists and arts organizations bring to the city of Calgary. Our overall efforts resulted in Calgary Arts Development’s (CADA) funding increasing to $12.4M in 2019 from $6.4M in 2018; with the overall budget nearing $25M in the next four-year budget cycle.
The project coordinator contract will conclude in Spring 2019. As strategies are being developed there may be potential for contract renewal in Summer 2019. Reimbursement would be $1,200 per month / flexible commitment of 10-hours per week.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating communications between Creative Calgary volunteers and other partners through meetings, email, or social media.
- Attending regular phone and in-person meetings with civic partners to ensure our strategies and messages are aligned; following up as needed.
- Representing Creative Calgary at events/meetings/Council sessions.
- Identifying gaps and opportunities where Creative Calgary can play an effective role through research/analysis of the overall Calgary arts ecosystem. It is crucial that this role establishes a baseline to evaluate Creative Calgary impact during the four-year cycle.
- Scheduling meetings on behalf of volunteers and writing weekly reports for the Advisory Committee and Working Group.
- Providing administrative support for the Working Group as required.
- Identifying key community members and communication channels to increase Creative Calgary membership. This data will be used to make informed recommendations (to Advisory Committee and Working Group) for the direction and operation of Creative Calgary.
- Organizing the monthly Advisory Committee and ad hoc Working Group meetings; the Project Coordinator will prepare/distribute documents in advance, such as the agenda, as well as record minutes.
The project coordinator will be responsible for identifying and capturing key metrics for Creative Calgary so that we can share our impact with the community via digital/social media. We are looking for someone who is a highly organized, analytical thinker to work with Creative Calgary to capture valuable impact data and stories about our sector. Big-picture thinking and data synthesis skills are key to the project coordinator’s ability to make recommendations for improvement at an organizational level.
Candidates should have an administrative background, familiarity with the Calgary arts community, experience in coordinating events and programs, and well-developed communication skills. The candidate is required to have a strong working knowledge of various social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Experience with G Suite, Nationbuilder and WordPress would be an asset.
Please respond with your interest with the Subject Line: Creative Calgary Project Coordinator – Your Name to
Creative Calgary Advisory Committee
Attn: Donna Livingstone
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.